Tuesday, April 04, 2006

We were rocked!



Last night was a dream come true for me! We went to the Queen + Paul Rodgers concert! For years and years I have loved Queen and since their lead singer (the lovely Freddy Mercury) had passed away I didn't think I would ever get to see them in concert.
Alas I was wrong! A friend at work convinced me to get tickets and I am so glad he did! It was amazing! You can check out some of the songs they did at www.queenpluspaulrodgers.com there was even a point during the show where I was moved to tears! (I know some of you may be thinking of sarcastic things to say right now, but save them, I love this band and you'd be hurting my feelings) Brian May and Roger Taylor did These are the Days and had a tribute to Freddy Mercury playing in the background.
Every song was great, I was a little skeptical when I heard that Paul Rodgers would be singing... he's no Freddy Mercury. But that was the best part, he wasn't trying to be! And I think that is why he was so good! He put his own spin on the songs and they sounded great! They played a few of his songs and Brian May rocked them! I still cannot believe I got to watch him play! He is the greatest guitar player ever! And if you had been at the show you would agree with me!
Billy even had a great time, he had never been to a real concert before and this was a good one to break him in. Except now the bar has been set so high that others with probably suck!
Oh and how sweet is my hubby, he bought me a tour jacket as an early birthday present! I just love him!
Anyway, I will probably be talking about lastnight for a long time, so bear with me. I was talking all night long to Lia about it because she didn't want to sleep! Poor girl...

No comments: