Friday, June 02, 2006

Be still and know that I am...


My sweet dad returned home yesterday. I am so happy that he is with his Heavenly Father, and no longer hurting or sick. But my heart aches. About every 10 to 15 minutes I have a little meltdown.
We had a good evening with friends and family last night. We told fun stories and tried to joke around as much as possible. It is times like these that validate how important Temple covenants are and to have a large circle of friends and family around you.
We are not really sure what happened. We are praying the it was a heart attack. There was another thought about how it happened, but its not nice and I don't want to write it. And he went out trying. My mom found him in the backyard, he had the hose in his hand. You could tell he had gotten out of his wheel chair and was going to water his trees. We are so grateful (it looks) like he went fast, the poor man has suffered enough for 26 years.
It was sweet to watch my mom with him, she she held his hand and rubbed his face, then when the funeral home came to take him she took his wallet, keys, watch and wedding ring. The treasures we'll keep close forever.
And I can't even begin to put into words how grateful I am for Billy and Lia. Billy has kept me so close, he is my rock! I'd be so lost without him right now. And our sweet Lia, she is the purest example of love! She was so sweet and happy, it was hard to be sad around her. I am glad we are going to be together forever!

2 comments:

reid said...

My condolences to you and your entire family. You guys will be able to get through this unfortunate event.

M and M said...

I love you Katie! If you need anything, even just to talk, give me a call...seriously. You are so sweet.