 |
| For many reasons, we waited to have my Grandma's funeral, and I'm glad we did. While I do miss her, and always will I am not sad. I know that she is where she wants to be. I know that she loved the celebration of her life that we had. |
|
 |
| These pictures are from inside Our Lady of the Rosary Cathedral. My Grandma had been a parishioner there since the 1950's. It was beautiful! The last time I was there was for my Grandpa's funeral so I didn't remember too much about it, but wow! Look at those windows. |
We had a lovely service at the gravesite. The Mass is a spirtual celebration, and the gravesite is more of a personal one. The Priest blessed the site and her spirit, he was a very good man. So glad he took care of my Grandma. Then I spoke, then my sweet little and angel Lia got up there all by herself and belted out "I Am a Child of God" ~ probably the sweetest moment of parenthood for Billy and I, really it was incredible!
 |
| How beautiful are those flowers?!! |
 |
| My Aunt Guin made the cover, it's a work of art! |
 |
| These arrangements tell a story, my grandma always had the most beautiful cali lilies and birds of paradise growing in her front yard... but the florist put in some bells of Ireland and I think that was for my cute Irish Grandpa. |
 |
| The flowers vases and mirrors were from my evening of excellence at church the other night and they looked so beautiful here! |
 |
| My Aunt had the event catered by Mu, I was in heaven for sure! |
 |
| Billy took these cute shots of lil' toot. |
 |
| someone loved the pumpkin cake... |
 |
| Hey Olivia, where's Lia???? |
 |
| Still Lookin' huhh??? |
 |
| There she is! |
 |
| Happy times! |
|
 |
| If you wanted to have a really good time, this is the group you have to sit with! This is the my Aunt and Uncle + the Canadians. |
 |
| My cousins and Andrea's family. |
 |
| Technically these are just friends, but I think that's an insult to say, they are family and so close to our hearts! |
 |
| Oh my sweet Hayden. |
 |
| How many ways do I love this sweet girl?!!! |
 |
| And Haydens mom. She and I met 27 years ago at the bus stop on our first day of kindergarten. I'm lucky to have her in my life! |
 |
| Everyone was pooped out by the end. |
 |
| Judy came and took pictures of the day for us, so I had to take a couple of her. |
 |
| He got so tired of people trying to steal his toys that this is where I finally found him. (He's under a table and I had to lift up the table cloth.) |
No comments:
Post a Comment