Wednesday, June 01, 2005

Hear No Evil, See No Evil

The school year ends on Tuesday, June 14th. Why they decided to end school on a Tuesday is beyond me. Do they honestly think anything close to resembling teaching will take place during those two days? Heck, the kids at school are already running around like rabid racoons on speed, I don't think that will get any better.

For these last few weeks, my basic philosophy is I see no evil and I hear no evil. Usually I'm out in the hallways and in the quad between classes and during lunch. Not now. Lately, I've been locking myself in my room and closing the blinds. It is complete chaos out there and I don't want anything to do with it. I figure they can vandalize and kill each other all they want, and if I'm not aware of it, than it's not really happening. Of course I know its happening, but I'm a teacher, not a police officer, so I will do my job and let others do there's. If they are so concerned about school security, let the principal step out of his office for the first time in months and do it himself. Or, even better, they can hire these things they call "security guards" and they can handle the security problems.

No comments: