Thursday, May 26, 2005

America let me down! They've gone to the Dark Side!

KATIE: I am so mad! I wanted Bo to win! He is much more talented than Carrie! I bet Clive Davis is mad!
Also, we went and saw the new Star Wars, yeah it was rad! But my heart still belongs to the original 3....
And that's all I have to say about that!

BILLY: I'm sorry, but the lore of American Idol is over. The first season was fine, and the second, the third was streching it, and I hardly followed this season at all. I hate it when networks take a good idea and run it into the ground, especially with reality TV. This is the same reason I don't watch Survivor anymore, and probably why I will not care too much about the Apprentice 4 coming up soon. Whatever happened to ending on a high note? So what if some blonde hick won last night over a wannabe hippy? Who cares? We will probably never see either of them again. Besides Kelly Clarkson, have any "Idols" really done squat after they won?

As Katie mentioned, we went to see "Sith" last night and I must say that I was impressed. Super cool story and action. However, the "emotional" scenes were a joke. It's as if you could see the actors grimacing, trying to squeeze tears out of their eyes, and when no tears could come, they said, "Forget it" and went on with the scene. There were so many parts where Lucas could have made an emotional impact with the audience, and didn't. The best example is when Obi-Wan first discovered that Anakin had turned to the dark side and become Darth Vader. He practically stared blankly into the camera and said, "Oh..." Where the heck is the emotion Lucas!?! However, despite this, I would have to put this up there on the top of the list. I love the old movies, like Katie, but I cringe when I see some of the corney special effects. Very little cringing was involved with this movie which is why I would put it up there as my favorite Star Wars movie...with "Return of the Jedi" coming in a close second follwed by "Empire".

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

what does that mean? -k8