Thursday, May 05, 2005

Good People Day!

On the way to work this morning I was thinking about everything going on today, aside from my personal stuff it is my nieces birthday, my Aunts birthday, my Grandma and Grandpa's anniversary and Bill and Cheryl's anniversary.
So, as I always do I called my Grandma to wish her a happy anniversary. My grandpa passed away years ago! I think I was around 6 when he died. Anyway, she has never wanted to or loved another man or anyone more than him. She is as hopelessly devoted to him today as she was the 60+ years ago when she married him! It is fun to hear her talk about him, they met when they were serving in the Canadian Navy. They were both on a train going across the entire country, she was engaged to another man and my grandpa was in love with her at first sight. They talked the entire train ride and exchanged address when they said goodbye. She said she stood there and watched him walk away and she knew right then he was the man she was supposed to marry! I think it was a little over two years and a million letters later they married!
She is the kindest, most loving, respectful, thoughtful person ever! And at the end of our conversation she said "I love you dear" and I realized then what a lucky person I am to have her love me!
So while Cinco di Mayo means nothing to me, I am now going to call it "Good People Day"....

3 comments:

Jacquelyn said...

they should make a movie about their love story.

cinco de mayo means nothing to you!!!Don't you know there is half a mexican reading your blog?!

Billy and Katie said...

Sorry... I work with a lot of Mexican's and I ate at Del Taco last night, there was confetti there. u

Jacquelyn said...

i had the worse burrito in history...but there is no good mexican here in New York...del taco is better and that means it is pretty bad here.