I hate hospitals, doctors, needles, blood, and pretty much anything in those general categories. My arm almost has to be hanging by a single tendon before I'll go in and see a doctor. Well yesterday, I had had enough. I got the most awful strep throat I had ever had the beginning of this month when we went to General Conference. It took me about a week and a half to get over that monster. About a week ago, I got this chest cold from some disgusting person in my Master's class who thinks it is fun to see how far he can shoot flying viruses out of his mouth when he coughs. Well, yesterday as I was fighting this chest cold the strep throat started up again, so I did what I swore I would never do and I went to urgent care.
The wait wasn't bad, and people were fairly nice, but I cannot begin to tell you how stressed I was. As the guy was taking my vitals, he looks at me and says, "Are you nervous or something?" to which I responded in the affirmative. He said, "Good, because if this was your real pulse, you would probably be dead in a few minutes."
Anyway, I saw a doctor, he looked in my ears and throat, and managed to write me a prescription for two types of pills. I have to admit, after taking only two doses, I already feel better. Katie says I'm too stuborn about going to the doctor, and she's right, but what are you gonna do, I'm old and stuck in my ways.
Wednesday, April 27, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
ummm.... I really think you should listen to your wife more! She really does care about you! And I bet the next time you tease her about her fear of sharks, she's going to bust out the blood pressure cuff
this is a very random question but i noticed on one of your posts you got the text to wrap around the picture. i was wondering if you could tell me how to do that. im HTML retarded. :)
thanks for your help
(cassidyhudd at msn dot com)
Post a Comment