Typically, I do better when I am rushed, this includes getting ready in the morning. And this mornings events are the perfect example of why I should live my life in a rush. I was ready to leave by 7:15, I usually leave about 7:30 - 7:40 so I decided with the extra 15 minutes I had I would go into the backyard, play with Sapphire, water the lawn, my flowers and all the other good stuff that you can do in a backyard.
As I start to walk outside, Sapphire tries to run back inside so I shut the door a little bit so she wouldn't get it. Anyway, she runs into the door shutting it and then I hear it lock!!! The dang dog locked us in the backyard! I was all dressed for work and stuck back there! no phone, no hubby to let me in, no neighbors to yell for, I was trapped!
So after the panic had set in, I paced for a few minutes and weighed my options. Here's what I came up with:
*I got the blue rain tarp
*threw it over the top of the fence so it wouldn't hurt so bad when I had to sit on top of it
*took a pair of Billys work shoes, threw them on the other side of the fence so I could walk in those
*stood on top of Sapphie's dogloo, sat on top of the fence and jumped off (I feel the need to tell you the last time I climbed a fence I was probably 7 years old and 50 pounds, can you imagine my big old butt on top of the fence trying to jump off! If only I had a camera!)
When I got to the other side I threw over the sandals I was wearing, rolled up my pants and walked all the way around our complex.
All I have to say about this adventure is that it is all true, I have some small battle wounds to prove it.
And somehow I still managed to make it to work on time.
Tuesday, April 12, 2005
One of those days....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Hopefully Sapphie doesn't get any ideas about copying your dogloo escape!
Glad your bum is okay!
Jenn
Yeah I know, I moved it when I went back to get my work shoes.
Post a Comment