The other night we saw the movie Spanglish. I liked it, but it dragged a bit and certainly didn't end the way I would have liked. However, I heard a line that is worth repeating. In the movie, the wife is a space-case, and whenever anyone says anything negative to her, she tells them to stop because they are hurting her already low-self esteem. Sick of this, her mom finally tells her, "Lately, your low self-esteem is just good common sense." Ouch! I loved that! Low Self-estee is a very serious matter, but I cannot stand it when people use it to justify their bad or stupid actions.
We haven't been to the theater is ages. We have enough movies at home to get caught up on. However, starting later this month that might change. I'm way stoked to see the new Star Wars movie (hopefully it doesn't suck like the other two), "Kingdom of Heaven" which is about the Crusades, "War of the Worlds" with Tom Cruise, "The Corpse Bride" and "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory" both by Tim Burton, "Mr. and Mrs. Smith", "Kicking and Screaming" with Will Farrell, and most of all, "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy." I am currently reading the book and LOVE IT! I don't think I've enjoyed a book this much in a long time. I just hope Disney doesn't screw it up! Do yourself a favor and go the webpage and watch the trailor....it is hilarious.Anyway, that is it for now. I leave with a J. Golden Kimball quote I stumbed across the other day: "This city (Brigham City) looks like hell. You need to clean things up, mow the grass, paint your houses and barns. And you sisters, you could stand a little paint yourselves."

1 comment:
Love the Kimball quote!! Just about died of laughter after I read that one!
Post a Comment