Monday, January 23, 2006

Our life right now....

The lameness.... Last night:
10 seconds after we discussed how absent minded we are right now we locked ourselves out of our house and car. Yes totally locked out. Mind you I have not locked myself out of anything since high school. (It came close just after we bought the house and my key would not work in the door, I needed help then, but I did have the key!) We were on our way to our friends house for dinner so I had grabbed a pan of brownies and the bag with ice cream instead of grabbing my purse. My purse which contained 2 sets of keys, pen and paper and a cell phone with all the correct phone numbers we needed in it. So as we are standing there in the freezing cold wind we have to come up with a plan. Because I am 38 weeks pregnant I am probably the worst person to be stuck in such a predicament with, I am totally and completely useless! So I go sit in our laundry room, turn on the dryer and sit on it to keep warm. Then I ask Billy for his phone. My first plan is to call our friend James (where we were supposed to be 15 minutes ago) let him know what is going on, then have James call Bro. Fairchild in our ward who is a locksmith and still try to make it over for dinner. Well James and Chanelle had changed their number since Billy had entered it in his phone. So there was no luck there. Then I tried calling a couple of friends to try and get his new number. This then stirred up a whole new problem.... I did not have a pen to write the phone numbers down. So I had to use a screw and etch the numbers into a box!!!!
Nobody had their new phone number. So we had to call Bill and Cheryl and they had to make the nice trek over to Beaumont to let us in.
The story ends there. WE were let in, had a great time at the Nielsons, got home around 11 and my chore for the day is to have 24 keys made and distribute them around our friends family and house!!!

The drama ...... Saturday:
We had been ejoying a fun day with my mom and sister. We had a killer lunch at the Macaroni Grill, my sisters friend works there and hooked us up big time!!! And Erin gave the baby the cutest little skater shoes. They are hot pink high top vans (they look like converse) to match a hot pink wife beater tank top that says Hot Babe on it, then she gave her these HUGE funky colored giraffe and elephant stuffed animals. It was a great day, we were all smiles and happy go lucky.... then we stepped into hell AKA Target.
Let me set the stage:
At my baby shower my Aunts, cousin and Grandma had all pitched in to get me a pack and play (portable play pen) and when Billy and I had tried to put it together it was a piece of crap and it almost ended our marriage, I wanted the crappy thing out of my house! SO I checked target online to make sure they sold it, sure enough they did, 99.99 was the selling price. SO we return it with out the receipt. They gave us 43.99 back. At first it caught me off guard but they assured me everything was correct so I took my store credit and went shopping. That night I emailed my Aunt who had purchased it, she paid a total of 107.00 for it and was going to send me the receipt for it.
So this sounds easy enough right. I take the receipt showing how much was paid, then I show them the receipt for what they credited me and then they'll give me the difference. Ummm no!
They weren't going to do it. They had already done the "courtesy" of refunding me my money and that voided the whole transaction. (I forgot to mention this whole receiving and returning thing was only a weeks time)
Well I turned into insta-beast, how could they keep over 50.00!?! If it was 5 or 10 I might be a little more forgiving but not for 50, especially when I need baby stuff! Then Billy got mad. He had his hands planted on that counter until we got someone who could help us.
Needless to say it took 2 sales associates, one lame store manager and 2 corporate people to give us our money back. I swear I had 5 contractions during this time too!

The wait.... everyday:
I know this is the longest blog I've ever typed, but I am at home all day now. I have nothing better to do. All I do is sit around and wait to go into "active labor".... this pre-labor crap can go on for a month! And Matt, I will do everything I can to make sure your birthday stays yours.

No comments: