Friday, January 06, 2012

A Who-bilation



Billy and I were asked to work with another family and put together our ward Christmas party.  Heidi and I came up with a theme and then asked so many people to help.  It was amazing!


We wanted to do a Grinch themed celebration, and focus on the fact the Christmas is not just about Santa and presents.  That it's about being with friends and family and celebrating Christs birthday.


These were my babies!  I saw the trees and knew I wanted to use them, then I found that candy cane swirly cup and thought that would be fun, we used little candy buckets under one of the trees then it was Heidi's idea to put a present under the third one.  They were so fun and whimsical.  Perfect for the party!  That basket with the tissue paper was for the bread and we had made quizzes about Christmas music and movies to keep the adults entertained for the first half an hour. 


We set it up so that the kids all showed up at 5, we had a kid area and a kid menu.  They loved sitting together and coloring and talking as loud as they wanted.


This our Pageant narrator, he sat here and read the story while the Primary and Nursery performed, it was the cutest thing ever!
We had the best turn out our ward had ever had!  Heidi and I made Who-hash with Roast Beast casseroles, the Grinch's Glorious Green Salad and with the help of our cousin, a pudding cream pie for each table just like they eat in Who-ville. And instead of having Santa come we did family pictures next to the fireplace.  It was wonderful... and different, just like we wanted. 

No comments: