Tuesday, December 14, 2004

Party-time in Calimesa!!!

BILLY: Well, this is probably the last time I will update this before the wedding. Yes folks, it is coming soon, this Saturday to be exact, and I am very excited. I am very focused on the wedding and becoming a husband and everything else in my life right this moment (i.e. work, fun, eating, breathing, etc) is pretty much a distraction. This week I'm getting to school in the morning, making copies of worksheets, passing them out to the kids, and saying, "Do the worksheet and try not to kill each other" and then I sit up in the front of class with a blank expression on my face while drool occasionally rolls down my chin. It's not that I don't want to be a good teacher, just my mind and heart aren't in it right now. I'm so excited and emotionally invested for this Saturday that it leaves me with no energy to care about anything else.

Anyway, we hope to see you all on Saturday. Regardless of how many people show up (estimates vary between 150 people and 200,000 people) there is definitely going to be quite a party in Calimesa the night of the 18th. So much work and effort has gone into all the planning that I am excited to see how it all turns out.
Katie: Ditto what Billy said, except I don't make copies of worksheets and I'm not a teacher, but anyway. One of my bridesmaids had an unfortunate event happen this weekend. She had taken her (very expensive) dress to be altered at a bridal salon in Redlands. This place told her no problem, just pre-pay and pick it up in two weeks. Well the two week deadline was last Friday (Dec 10) well, she goes down there and what did she find.... nothing.... no store, it went out of business and her dress along with the store was gone! Long story short, she got the dress eventually. But here's where it gets cool, I used to work for a law firm so I used my hook-up's .... and I found out the owners name, home address and phone number! We worked on a letter this morning, I feel like making this owner cry!
It is things like this that create the term "Bridezilla" I'm not all stressed or psycho about this, but I am really ticked and to quote one of my favorite movies "If you mess with the bull, your gonna get the horns."

No comments: