Friday, December 03, 2004

Hypocrisy in Palm Springs!!!

I know that politics are over with, at least for now, but I couldn't believe what happened the other day. Those who know me know that I am a pretty conservative chap, so occasionally I will browse and look around a few conservative websites when I have a spare moment. Well anyway, the Palm Springs USD has a firewall and they block objectionable material so that the students can't look at it. I rarely get "blocked" from websites because I'm not that sort of guy. During my prep yesterday, I was trying to log on to the Republican National Committee's website to see what was going on in the Grand Ol' Party and it was blocked! . The reason it was blocked was due to "Objectionable/Controversial Material". What the heck!?! Then I got to wondering: I started going to every conservative webpage I could think of: Blogs for Bush, the Swift Boat Vets, GeorgeWBush.com along with about 10 others that came to mind and they were ALL blocked! What I thought to myself, our school district doesn't want our students learning about politics?!? Then I started going to every liberal website I could think of: JohnKerry.com, moveon.org, dnc.org you name it and NOT one was restricted. Not even Michael Moore or the ACLU was blocked. It was then that I came to the conclusion: Palm Springs sucks. I know, I know, most of you already knew that but I just learned it yesterday.

Anyway, with all the stupid crazy lawsuits being filed these days, I think I should file a lawsuit about everything! In addition to this crazy internet firewall that PSUSD has, I might include in my lawsuit the fact that Michael Jackson touched me in a "special place", that I am offended by the use of "God" in the pledge of allegence and the Declaration of Independence, that Nativity scenes in public places offend me, that the recent laws banning gay marriage are unconstitutional, that the steeple on the new Newport CA Temple is too tall, that my neighbor's Christmas lights are too bright and don't allow me to sleep at night, and finally, the Boy Scouts of America are the DEVIL and should be all killed and that my Eagle Scout award should become null and void.

Of course I will not do this, because such a lawsuit might be considered "Objectionable/Controversial Material" and might be firewalled by my school district.

1 comment:

reid said...

I think it is great your school blocks thst crap. Going to the RNC website is like porn. It tricks you into being republicsn. Shane on you for even trying to visit the sites