Do you ever have thoughts that seem pretty good in your head and then after you have written them down they all of a sudden don't make sense??? I hope this doesn't come out like that.
I'm pretty sure Sophie had a nightmare (very) early this morning so I got up to go grab her before she woke everyone else up. She was waiting for me at the end of her crib, because I always talk to them as I'm coming so I don't scare them when I appear in the doorway and she was jumping up and down saying through tears "Hi mama, hi mama" her arms outstretched wanting me to scoop her up and give her the biggest bear hug. So I pick her up and start telling her everything is ok, and kissing her sweet little head, grab her blanket and head for the couch because I think this might take a while.
We sat down, I wrapped her up, she looked up at me and smiled... then passed out asleep. And I couldn't help but stare at her for the longest time. And I couldn't help but think, how does Heavenly Father do it??? How does He give you your heart to hold in your hands? And why does He make it all go so fast? She'll be 2 in August and I still remember being alone in the hospital with her and thanking Heavenly Father so much, because I could tell right away that she was sent here specifically for me. She came when I needed proof that life goes on and that I could still love. (this was after losing my dad) I knew right away my dad had spent time with her, letting her know how much I needed to learn and to grow and what would make me laugh hysterically.
And after I had tucked her back in bed and put myself back down I felt the baby move. And I couldn't help but feel truly blessed.... and amazed.
I'm grateful everyday to be a mom, it's one thing I think I'm ok at. I have two of the most amazing little girls ever born. And am anxious to see what this new little one has in store for me.
HAPPY MOTHERS DAY!!!
Friday, May 08, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Happy Mother's Day to you too! Something about the night time and early morning gets me really sentimental with my boy too. Kes and I were just talking a few Sundays ago about how cute and good your girls are. That is a reflection of their mother :)
You are a great mom! I totally understand how you're feeling. Especially with another little coming so soon I think it gets to me. I look at Meela and Topher and wish they would just stop growing so fast, I wish that they would stay MY little babies forever. Motherhood really is amazing!
that came out just right, not confusing, made me tear up- pregnancy? You do have great kids, and you are a wonderful mom. Happy mother's day. It's good to see when people are humbled-right word? a little and take the time to step back and reflect on their blessings. :)
Post a Comment