So that is what I ended up doing. They said they would call me after 5 if he was ready to be picked up. So at 5:10 I got a call to come grab him, well to get to the shelter by 6 in the middle of downtown Riverside in 50 minutes seemed almost doable. Add in two super tired and grumpy girls it made for the most stressful drive ever! Traffic was a nightmare, I got off of the freeway at 5:42 and tried to find this little side street, knowing it wasn't going to happen I called Billy and asked him to call the shelter and tell them to tie him up to a tree outside the shelter because I wouldn't be there by 6 and I didn't drive all this way to not come home with the dog. So he calls and finds out they there are open until 7 due do the large amount of animals needing to be picked up.
I end up finding this nightmare of a place at 6:04 and the lady is locking the door as I pull up. I seriously skid into a parking spot and I think I was out of the door before I had it in park and ran to the door with the leash in my hand and she stood there and started at me... I even knocked and she still stared. oooooooh, I was TICKED!
So I went into the next door which was the shelter and not the clinic and told them what happened, they told me not to worry, the lady got in trouble for locking the doors way too early because she knew they were open until 7 and she had to bring Marley to my car... ha ha ha!
I then set this sweet little dog on the front seat of my car that I had covered with one of Billy's t-shirts... not paying attention to which one I had grabbed because Lia had used it as a cover up for painting at Joy School. But after all of the stress of getting there and finally getting the dog, I laughed hysterically for a long time because there all curled up on the front seat, Marley was laying on this.....
after being neutered.





3 comments:
Gmma Sanborn here again - offering an editorial comment on this post. If I remember right my sweet grandbabies were NOT tired and grumpy . . . I think you were just too stressed out over the drive to Riverside. I'm just thankful you didn't have to back up anywhere during this trip!!!!
That is too funny! Poor Marley! Did he have to wear that cone thing? I feel bad for dogs when they have to wear that.
That is hilarious!! I'm glad you showed that lady what was up.
Post a Comment