Sunday, May 24, 2009

A surprise for the girls.

I got a call from my sister yesterday, and she asked if we would come down and we'd put up the slide she got the girls for Christmas. I was excited so I said yes of course and we headed down. When we got there, she had left so Billy and I went ahead and set up the slide and the girls had at it. OMG! They were so much fun to watch! Lia hated the water at first but when she realized how fast she could go she went nuts, and Sophie... is nuts so she was right at home. They had never seen the slide before so it was a total surprise for them. I'm so grateful for it. The only thing she couldn't do was climb up the back, it has footholes, so Billy and I took turns helping her up.





After the girls were completely worn out we had an amazing lunch. I was told we'd just do sandwiches but Erin went way above and beyond and made gourmet burgers. (jalapeno, bleu cheese and bacon and cheddar plus the turkey burgers for me) she later told me it was my birthday party since they'll be gone. It was perfect!
The girls slept for four and a half hours once we left, so I'm counting on this thing helping me out over the next few months. Especially since Billy won't be working this summer, it will be something cheap and easy to do. Yay for that!!! (I'll count it as a blessing)







No comments: