One of my students called me "gay" today as she was running out the door at the end of the period. She thought is was ok because she didn't actually say it, she just spelled it. That's right: "Mr. McIntosh, you're so G-A-Y" and then she fled out the door. Obviously she forgot that teachers can spell, that's S-P-E-L-L for you slower folks out there. She also forgot that I have her schedule, so running out the door wasn't going to accomplish much because I was just going to find her in her next class. When I did find her and was dragging her up to the office, her excuse was, "But Mr. Mc, I said you were guy, G-U-Y, not gay, G-A-Y." You will be happy to know I didn't slap her, but I did remind her that saying "You are so G-U-Y" made her look like a complete stupid idiot because it doesn't make sense, where as saying "You are so G-A-Y" only made her look ignorant. She thought for a second, and decided she was going to stay with her originally story because she wanted to look ignorant, not like a stupid idiot. If I may say so myself, good choice.
Other news: Listen up all you students! I learned about an amazing webpage to do your research with: teoma.com. It's just like Google or Yahoo, but with out all the junk. It doesn't search for pictures or media files, but if your doing a paper on a certain topic, no matter how obscure, you will almost certainly find a ton of good quality, non-commercial links to do your researh with.

1 comment:
that was from R-E-I-D
Post a Comment