We decided we needed a break, so we headed down to Anaheim for the weekend so we could relax and use our season passes before they expire in a couple days. We really did have a fun and relaxing time, but I have to tell you that the Super 8 hotel we stayed in was like a room out of some movie where every other room has chalk outlines of deap corpses. First of all, they put us in a handicapped room for some reason. While the bathroom was HUGE and enabled 5 wheelchaired individuals to do wheelies simultaneously in their chairs, this came at the cost of the rest of the hotel room which was barely big enough to fit a queen-sized bed and nightstand in.
Problem #2 - The walls were at best 3 inches thick. Our first morning there we both woke up to what sounded like people sreaming and laughing in our room. It took us a minute to realize that it was actually the people next door, but the walls were so cheap that they might has well been having the conversation in our very room. Side note: It is amazing what people will do and say when they think no one else is around to hear (we won't even go into what we overheard with "John" and his "enthusiastic" girlfriend on the other side of us).
Problem #3 - We were suppose to get the LA Times delivered to our room. We got it without a problem the first morning. On the second morning, we both heard the guy plop the newspaper down outside our door. I went over to the window to look out, and sure enough it was there. I decided to get ready for the day first, so I went into the bathroom, took a shower, and got ready. I go back over, open the door, and it is gone. What the heck?!? I shut the door and go back inside. About 5 minutes later, I hear the guy plop something else down outside the door. Looking outside, it was my newspaper. Well, I was in the middle of cleaning the hotel room, so I decided to finish that first. 3 minutes later, I go over and open the door and it is gone again!!!! Neither one of us had any idea what happened to it, but it was a fitting end to a horrible hotel.
Anyway, despite the Hotel from Hell, we really did have a good time. We can't wait for Space Mountain to finally re-open. We will be getting our new Season Passes next time we go, so if any of you are interested, let us know and we will get them together.

8 comments:
What did you need a break from?
I bet it was my mom who wrote that!
i stayed in a place and when i woke the next morning i had 20 something bites on my body. it sucked.
Those bites probably just came from my brother while you were sleeping.
he probably planted bugs in that bed
No, I think he was just probably biting you himself while you were sleeping...he;s weird like that.
No, I think he was just probably biting you himself while you were sleeping...he's weird like that.
No, I think he was just probably biting you himself while you were sleeping...he's weird like that.
Post a Comment