Friday, March 25, 2005

Verizon sucks too!

We got a phone bill yesterday for $138.00! What the freak!? After a lot of not so nice emails on my part, we figured out what happened. The accidentally gave as a hundred dollar credit in Janurary to erase the set up fee, but they found out about it a few days ago and took the credit away. Granted, I guess we owe the money, but it ticked me off that they could just take the money away like that with no explanation. So I wrote the following letter back...I hope it wasn't too harsh:

I received a response to my inquiry regarding a charge of 104.81. The way it was explained to me, a "credit" that was not mine was giving to me on my January bill, and then taken away on my current bill. While I understand what is being told to me, I am somewhat concerned by the statements in your company's response: "The credit for $104.81 on your first bill was not yours, therefore, we had to take it back."

Quite honestly, this seems like your problem, not mine. If your company makes the mistake of giving credit to people who do not deserve them, this is a cost most ethical companies simply absorb instead of passing their incompetence on their customers. I am pretty sure, that if I decided to fight this, I would win. I doubt there is anywhere in my contract that states you have the right to take away credit that has been given to me, although I may be wrong.

With that said, if you can show me where you have the right to take away credit that has been given me, I will glady pay the charge. If not, then unfortunately I will not be able to. In the future, I would ask that your company take more care to avoid putting unnecessary finanical burderns on their customers like you have with me. If I have a problem like this again, I will have to take steps to protect myself.


Thank you for your time.
Bill McIntosh

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Bad news Dude, Actually they do have a right to take back the funds. It is called "Wrongful Enrichment" SO, The bad news is that you really do owe the money. It kinda sucks, but, That's life!