Ok, so I do stupid things! Well the stunt I pulled on Friday takes the cake! It was by far the stupidest, cruelest, lamest thing I've ever done! Let me tell you the story:
So I haven't been feeling like myself, so I thought I would go to Target during my lunch and grab a pregnacy test. Target has a big selection and I chose the First Response, because that I what kind my friend at work used and trusted. So I see that you could choose from a pack of 1,3 or 7 tests. I knew that I wanted to take more than one test and a pack of 7 was $3.00 more than the 3 pack. So I make my purchase and head back to work. When I arrive I sneak into the bathroom, pee on a stick and wait....
Well it didn't take long before two lines pop up. And my heart stopped! Holy crap! That meant I was pregnant! So I go grab another one and take it also, two lines again. Well, I decided I better call Billy and tell him the news. I asked him if he was sitting down, and then told him the news. His reaction was definitely not what I was expecting, he was royally peeved! Oh man, he says he wasn't mad, but that's not the feeling I got on the other end of the phone! So I decide that I want to go to the doctor and make sure this is for real. So I head over to the doctors office. And as I am sitting at a stoplight I start putting all my "stuff" into a bag so I can show it to the doctor. And do you know what I discovered, in little yellow letters towards the bottom of the box it says that is an ovulation test! I was not pregnant! But if I wanted to get pregnant that afternoon could! But I still went to the doctor and let them do a blood test, which I hated!
So being the Mormon I am, I now have a nice stash of ovulation and pregnacy tests in my food storage closet. Isn't that special!?!
The Husband's Rebutal: If there is ever a time where it is a good idea to read the label, a pregnancy test is certainly up there on the top of the list. People read the label on cans of soup, or bottles of shampoo, you'd think that would be the case with a pregnancy test too. I mean, you can't just tell a guy is whole life is going to change and then say ooops, I meant no, i mean yes, i mean no....oh crap, i dunno. Not a good for an already balding husband with a history of heart disease in his family.
And, finally, to set the record straight: I was NOT mad. Stunned, yes. Overwhelmed, yes. But I was not upset or mad. I'm positive that after a day or two, I would have been fine and welcomed the wee-little infant into our family.
Monday, March 14, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
All those who think Billy was upset, raise your hand......
good blog you people! i will have questions for you on how to do certain things--like how can you format your picture so you can write around it? anyway the main thing is that i had better get a link on your "blogs we read" section.
oh and the question is not whether Billy was mad or not, but what he was mad about--suddenly finding out his wife was illiterate, or that she had actually spent the extra three dollars.
Wow Jay, i didn't know you knew how to use a computer let alone how to make a blog. I hope that Japan or Korea or China or where ever the heck you live right now is treating you well and that you don't smell like fish yet.
I just read this article on MSN (http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/7205300/)where the Catholic church is speaking out against the DaVinci Code.
He says dislike for the Catholic church is the last acceptable prejudice. Works for me.
~~Jenn~~
Oh, and I think Billy was just a liiiiitle upset. Although I am confident he would have grown to love the little one very quickly. Just think of this as practice for next time.
~~Jenn~~
its thejayfather. no spaces. no capitals. please people. if you'd actually read the thing you would know that.
and if you'd done it recently you'd know there's a spanky new links section in which this little blog is prominently featured.
Post a Comment