First things first!!! This good lookin', extremely intelligent, well rounded, friendly young man is my nephew Nate and he received his mission call this week! I've been an Aunt for 26 years and I don't have favorites, but let me tell you NOTHING could make me prouder than when they make good choices! And this is an amazing (personal) choice. I know how much work it takes to prepare yourself spiritually, physically and mentally and if you read this Nate... I'll be president of your fan club!!! (Oh yeah, he's going to the Sapporo Japan mission. And he always had a feeling he'd be going to Japan so he studied Japanese for 2 years in high school!)
Poor little Sophie had to get her shots a few weeks ago. And in true Lia fashion she stole the show! They had set Lia on top of the steps leading up to the bed where I was holding Sophie. The nurse had given Lia a sucker to keep her busy while we did the ugly deed. Well as soon as Lia saw that first needle go into Sophie's leg, she started crawling across the table, pointed her finger straight at the nurse and started yelling "MEAN.... MEAN... YOU MEAN!!!!" then she looks at me "MOM, MEAN" then back at the nurse "MEAN MEAN MEAN!" When she was done the nurse asked if she was calling her mean, and I had to smile and say "yes!" Then Lia crawled over to Sophie, started rubbing and kissing her forehead and saying "Baby Offie, Baby Offie" you could say it took the stress out of that visit!



Here are some pictures from Halloween. We went to State Street in Redlands, I forgot to bring Lia's pumpkin and I thought she looked adorable walking through Sav-On with her pumpkin!
Anyway, I have tons to write, but I can't keep up! So I think I'm going to do what my friend Tammie, who I might add I am so happy to have been able to reconnect with after 10 years does, once a week she tells you about one person in her family. So plan on more of those!
I hope everyone is well, and I'm excited about welcoming Guin into this crazy family we have!
Oh yeah, and I forgot to appologize for my terrible writing on this blog. I swear I'm an intelligent person, but I get about 10 minutes to write on here so I try to get as much as possible written before I have to go dance, pull goldfish out of the carpet or change massive amounts of diapers!

No comments:
Post a Comment