Saturday, November 24, 2007

You can feel sorry for us.....






So we roughed this Thanksgiving holiday in San Diego. My little family and my mom and sister managed to cram into a 3 room suite at the Marriott Residence Inn on Hotel Circle. Then we managed to have the worlds best dinner at my cousins adorable house. The weather was beautiful, the food was amazing we had a fun crowd with us. Erin and I helped Andrea get wedding plans moving and Gerry and Guin showed us all of their wedding plans (dresses, flowers etc.) its going to an exciting 2008~


My girls put on an amazing show. Lia steals my Grandmas free standing cane and uses it as a microphone. She gets so into her singing that she goes cross eyed! Sophie was just being her sweet self and of course everyone melted over her new little laugh.


I think I had a lot on my mind because I kept forgetting stuff. I left all of Sophies food at Alisons house, so Billy and I had to go back and get that. (That's when I showed him where some jerk hit our car, it makes me so mad to think about! I LOVE my car and I take really good care of it! UGH!!!) Then when we went to get the girls dressed Friday morning I realized that I had packed only Sophies clothes (I guess that's what happens when you buy matching clothes) so Billy and I headed out, ON BLACK FRIDAY to go get some clothes. Well, it was actually a nice experience. Don't get me wrong I'm usually out in Cabazon at midnight looking for killer deals, but I was dreading dragging Billy into this. Well we found an Old Navy that was not in the mall, there was tons of parking, the store had maybe 50 people in it and when we went to check out two cashiers were ready for me. It was so pleasant we went nextdoor to the Borders to pick up some more gifts for the girls.

Once we got back to the hotel we headed down to the Cabrillo National Monument in Point Loma. Lia had a blast with her daddy. When we were up at the monument Lia kept throwing our chips over the side of the wall, then looking for the birds to come eat! She kept Billy laughing. It was truly beautiful there, we can't wait to go back.

Oh yeah- one thing I wanted to write about getting there, you have to drive by a National Cemetery. Things in our car were kind of loud and crazy, but as soon as we were driving by there was reverence. Not that Lia or Sophie know what that means, but I have to think there is a very special spirit there.

We ended our trip at Kings Fish House where my cousins works and hooks us up with a HUGE discount on the bill, so we were not shy on what we ordered.


It was great until we woke up this morning with colds, all of us.




2 comments:

Goldie said...

Hey Katie! I remembered you had a blog that you sent the link to a long time ago. Glad you still kept it. I started one of my own a few months back. It's so much fun. Your girls are adorable.
Love, Goldie (Avalos) Mayry

Goldie said...

We should visit when you're in the area. Matt and I are working on getting passes. Can't wait.