We do have an
LDS Blog, but being
LDS is a HUGE part of our lives so I chose to post here. Our beloved Prophet passed away last night. He has been President of our church since I was baptized, hes is the only Prophet I've ever really studied (well, except Joseph Smith) I have his quotes all over my house, I've read most of his books and I love listening to him speak. I know that that is what I will miss most. He had wit like no other, he was gentle when he spoke, but you always knew he meant business. He expected us to serve, be generous, love, nurture our children and constantly be concerned about our marriage being our first priority.

I am very sad that he has passed, but only for selfish reasons. Ever since his wife passed he has wanted to be with her. A little known fact is that Sophies middle name was going to be Hinckley, it was a tie between Jane and Hinckley.
It was nice to see the reports on the news be so nice about him. On Fox they did a 5 minute segment on him, and it was wonderful! I think if you were to put the religion/beliefs aside, he is respected and known as being a wonderful, amazing, caring, generous, giving and just a good man. And I will always be grateful for his example, he has helped mold me into the person I am today.
No comments:
Post a Comment