Tuesday, July 08, 2008

The first fourth

We had ABSOLUTELY the BEST 4th of July ever! We had the best bar-b-que at my moms house. Erin and I made chicken, steak and vegetable kabobs, corn and macaroni salad. Everything tasted so good we didn't even eat dessert! (good for the diet)
Then we headed up to see the fireworks at the Country Club. I introduced Billy to it when we were dating, he fell in love with going there. We've taken his parents and Aunt and Uncle once and this was my moms first year to go. She was not excited, she couldn't figure out why we couldn't just sit in her front yard and watch the University show. 2 seconds after they started she was sold. Its the best show in town and there is maybe 300 people there. We got there at 8:40 and met up with the GMME's and her family and we had a GREAT time. I really do think the 4th is my favorite holiday. There is no turkey or mashed potatoes that I have to pretend to enjoy. Everyone is relaxed and a little crazy in the head because of the heat... its great!
Taking pounce a little too seriously honey.


My mom and me. G.G.
Getting ready for the fireworks to start. Notice Lia's feet close to our heads, if only we had, she jumped on us right after we took this picture.

(I have a bunch more pics from this day, but my computer won't upload them for some reason. I'll try again later.)

3 comments:

Kristy C said...

Ohhhhh I Love Soph's dress -that is too cute!

Sarah Rock said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sarah Rock said...
This comment has been removed by the author.