So like most women/ mothers and wives.... especially the ones who stay at home, I have my struggles. I struggle finding balance... in everything. I feel like I give and give and give and do and do and do... which I know I'm supposed to do, but every now and then I like a little something for myself. Usually that is church. It is usually where I recharge my spiritual battery and get ready for the upcoming week. Well, over the last 3 years things have changed. With my calling at church I serve in the Presidency. We have about 80 kids including the nursery and it presents numerous challenges and usually leads to serious frustration for us just trying to do our jobs. Plus having my two little ones, it has been hard for me to pay attention let alone learn something. Its been beyond draining and dare I admit... not want to go to church at all!
Fortunately for me, something special rolls around and helps push me along. Today was our ward conference. I am so grateful for such strong, supportive and inspired leaders. And to top it off we had "Its great to be 8"... anything about baptisms always touches my heart.
Finally, a GREAT Sunday!
Sunday, January 25, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
K I totally hear ya! David and I serve in the primary as the Valiant 8, 9 & 10yr old class. I don't know why they decided to do it that way but whatever. Anyway 2 weeks ago, we had a great sacrament. I dread going to church most weeks. But that week I felt so great. We had no talks given. Just hymns. People got up and told us their favorite hymn and why and we sung it! It was AWESOME! I cried...A lot.
I absolutely get what you're saying!! Not only do I not hear anything in sacrament (except my kids) sometimes trying to keep them quiet and reverent brings the opposite of the Spirit! At least then I get to go to Relief Society, you don't have any kind of break or spiritual reboost. I'm really happy you had a good Sunday, after all you do, you really deserved it!!
haha a pickle, those are good. the funny thing is, people always say drink a ton of water and that will fill you up or whatever tricks they have-those do work sometimes, but when you're craving a brownie or a bag of m&m's, water nor a pickel is going to cut it, ya know what i mean?! hahaha and then knowing me, i'll eat what i was craving then have the pickle too!
I know exactly how you feel, Katie! We stayed home on Sunday because of the trouble we had the week before. I figured pushing things back an extra hour was going to make things even worse!!! But, after reading your post I'm kicking myself! Although I usually don't hear much of the talks either, feeling the spirit is usually enough for me! I'm sad I missed out on that experience! And I want you to know how much I appreciate you and the other sisters who serve in Primary! Its easy to see how much love you have for each of the little ones in our ward! You definietly were put in your calling for a reason!
I don't know how you all do it in Primary either. It is so packed! And teachers not showing up sometimes must be so frustrating! At least we are all in the same noisy pew boat!
Post a Comment