Case #1
This morning Lia snuck her chair over to our pantry, opened the door and stole a brand new bag of chips. While attempting to sneak them over to her seat she got the bag caught on our trash can and spilled the ENTIRE bag all over the floor. She stopped immediately and looked at the mess... looked at me... looked at the mess... then me again... then dun dun dun... started cleaning it up! But before she could throw away two hand fulls of chips , here comes Boomer running around the corner and took a flying leap into the pile of chips! Boomer is not our dog, its Sophie! You should have seen this amazing swan dive/ belly flop, it had such perfect form. I really wasn't all that upset to begin with, but after that display of pure joy I could not contain my laughter!!! My eyes well up with laughter tears just thinking about it.
Case #2
SH&%... its been my catch phrase for years now. I'm not proud of it, but I do say it a whole lot. Well, a few weeks ago Lia started saying it when she dropped something or if I dropped something. I laughed about it then (and now because really it does sound funny when a little kid cusses)but knowing that I had to stop and make her stop too. So if she would start to say it I would say "OH SHUCKS, OH NO, OH DARN, OH NUTS, OH MAN, OOOOOOOOH NELLY!" this has been working, she loves saying "Oh Nelly"... until yesterday, we were in the car and she dropped her babys bottle and she said the real word. And I said "No no, remember we don't say that word we say ...." and she cuts me off and says "No mom, I don't like .... I LOVE OH SH*&!"
again, not that upset, but laughing hysterically again.
Case #3
She has been putting up a fight getting to sleep for the last few weeks. And since she and Sophie share a room we don't like it when she throws fits and wakes her up. Well, last night right on Que she starts screaming "POTTY, POTTY, POTTY POTTY POTTY" and for those of you who have potty trained, know that if a kid says they have to go then they have to go... and who wants to clean up that mess??! So I have started to not talk to her when I go get her and take her out. I read about it somewhere, it creates less stimulation blah blah blah... SO I help her get all set up on the potty and she starts talking about "cookies" (because I don't want to write the word poop on here about a hundred times, I'm going to write "cookies")
She started talking about how the dogs make "cookies" on the grass in the backyard and Sophie makes "cookies" in her diaper and Lia makes kind of big "cookies" mommy makes kind of big "cookies" BUT daddy's "cookies" are FREAKING HUGE!-- no more ignoring that kid, I was in full blown hysterics!
So maybe its a sign that I've matured but these are things that usually might have frustrated me a little more but now... make me laugh. I must be a mom!
PS- If you want to hear something cute, ask Sophie what green means?
Monday, January 12, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
now i'm really confused, 'cause i'm pretty sure you were using cookies as a euphemism for something else back when i was getting married...
OH! I'm busted!!!
What can I say, I like cookies...
Hmmmm.....I think I'm afraid to ask what green means. Very afraid.
Your kids are hilarious!!! Agreed though, lil scared about "green". Does it have to do with "cookies" too? Sarina calls that Christmas "cookies"!
no... she says "GOOOO!"
green means go!
This has been funny!
Post a Comment