Thursday, January 29, 2009

Priceless

Lia is turning 3 next Tuesday and I have been thinking alot about it. Mostly because I love birthday parties and hers is going to be cute. We're doing a Princess Brunch with her Joy School friends and then packing up and heading to Disneyland so she can ride the Big White Mountain and eat cake at the castle! Its going to be fun!
Lia's middle name came from one of the sweetest, most talented, caring, honest, loving, funniest characters ever placed here on earth... my Grandma, Hazel Estelle. I always knew I would name my first born with one of her names.... Estelle it was. She is the reason our family has the gospel, so to me she is also a pioneer. I feel that my little Lia is a pioneer also, I am so grateful for her little spirit that I cannot even put it into words.

So I thought I would share a poem that my Grandma wrote for me when I turned 3, putting Lia's name in it though:

Our blue eyed Lia with her lovely curls,
That dance and bobble as she runs and twirls.
Her dainty dresses, all trimmed in lace
With matching hair ribbons accenting her face.
Aggressive on her bike, she races down the street
Curiously interested in all that she meets.
Alert, bright may she always be
As she is today, at the age of three!
Feb. 25, 1983
My mom just handed me the original that has been hanging in her room for 25 years, what a priceless treasure.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

I liked the poem. I hope Lia has a good B-day. I've been thinking about Jayden's his is at the end of Feb. I think we'll just be boring and let him attack the cake.