Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Don't even start....

Unless all you want to hear about is the amazing concert we just went to, you might just want to pass us by for the next few weeks. There are really no words to describe this show. We had floor seats in the 3rd section so we were with a bunch of returning-die hards (myself included) and it never gets old. On our way out people were saying that it was the most amazing, mind blowing and can't believe what they just saw and heard experience ever!
I don't think my Billy knew how much he would love Billy Joel. He is so funny. The first thing he said was "Hello, I'm Billy Joels dad, but don't worry, I know his sh(*" he sprawled out across Elton's piano and looked adoringly into his eyes... he is a true performer.








As truly amazing as Billy Joel is, my heart belongs to Sir Elton. This was my fourth or fifth time to see him, my second time seeing this concert. He played for the first hour and a half and when he left the stage I could have left happy, but then realized I still had Billy Joel and then the duets. Really. Truly. Incredible. Amazing.

We took our old camera, it was definitely not the time to try to remember how to use it.... crappy pictures.
This was the two of them hugging when they first came out on stage.

And this is what I like to call the Chapstick from hell. My lips were really dry on the way down and since we had an hour before the show started we went and got gas and I took the 20.00 bill out of Billy's wallet to go and buy this 1.50 tube of chapstick. Well, when we arrived at the venue we couldn't find the price of parking so we pull up and as we are right in front we realize that it is 20.00! So I start scrounging through everything and I'm able to come up with a total of 19.40!!! 60 cents short!!!!!! SO we have to pull through the whole parking lot, drive 2 miles to a gas station use their ATM machine and drive back. Find our seats with 25 minutes to spare and I sat there unable to breathe until the show started.

ahhhh, amore!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you guys had so much fun!! I love that picture of you and Billy (and the chapstick, haha, that's a pretty funny story!)

The Heitritter Family said...

I'm jealous as can be! My heart belongs to Billy (Joel, although your Billy is a swell guy too). I'm so glad you guys had fun. It seems like it would be impossible not to! Kes and I saw several great concerts a few years ago (Simon & Garfunkel, Eagles, Fleetwood Mac) but I think we are kinda retired. Hopefully we will make a comeback soon!

M and M said...

I'm way jealous, but I'm glad you guys got to go! Cute picture of the two of you!