In church shoes, he gives blessings and presides over his family. With the work shoes on he provides food and shelter and gets to help people and set an example for his kids. With the slipper he tucks his kids into bed at night and protects them from scary dreams and with the hockey skate he teaches his kids fun things and gets to spend time loving his family.
Then I handed out a little note for each of the kids to stick in their dads shoes... they loved it.
I shared one experience about my own dad... he always protected us. Everynight after everyone was in bed he checked on us all to make sure we were alseep, if we weren't he told us we better hurry, then he would walk around the house and check every door and window. We never felt scared... EVER, we knew our dad had done everything he could to protect us.
He received the Priesthood a few years before he passed, and was never able to give me a blessing, but now that I think about it... he was my blessing. I am grateful my babies will have this type of man in their lives, always. I am also grateful that the two men I love the most are such great examples of this.


7 comments:
Beautifully said.
that brought tears to my eyes!
That is a cute sharing time idea and such a sweet story about your dad. I'm so glad I have one of those in my house too, who protects us and loves us. We sure are lucky, aren't we?
wow Katie, what an AMAZING sharing time, I'm so happy my little boy gets the benefit of such a wonderful primary program!!! I'm super close to my dad too, and anytime something has to do with dad's it really gets to me!! My dad's not a member and I LOVE what you said about your dad not giving you blessings, but being the blessing, I feel the same way.
wow Katie, what an AMAZING sharing time, I'm so happy my little boy gets the benefit of such a wonderful primary program!!! I'm super close to my dad too, and anytime something has to do with dad's it really gets to me!! My dad's not a member and I LOVE what you said about your dad not giving you blessings, but being the blessing, I feel the same way.
wow Katie, what an AMAZING sharing time, I'm so happy my little boy gets the benefit of such a wonderful primary program!!! I'm super close to my dad too, and anytime something has to do with dad's it really gets to me!! My dad's not a member and I LOVE what you said about your dad not giving you blessings, but being the blessing, I feel the same way.
Love, love, love these pictures.
Post a Comment