Sunday, March 29, 2009

a little party

Billy turned 30 on the 20th and everyone who knows me knows I always make big deal about them. Well, since we're going to see Elton John and Billy Joel (tomorrow night at this time, ahhhhhh!!!!!!) got season tickets to the Panteges and went to Disneyland on his actual birthday, I decided just to make a "deal" and take the big off of it. It was a funny night because no family member could make it, so we had good friends come over for my famous pineapple upside down cake, and chocolate for the non-pineapple lovers. We had a great time, the missionaries even came over to join in. For some reason I thought these candles would be fun. I thought wrong. As Kristen and I were trying to light them we found out they were sparklers also... my plan was to light all 30, but I think we got somewhere around 12. Lia kept yelling "My eye! My eye!"
I had to make some adjustments to the plates I bought. Since I'm a little sensitive about weight remarks I took a sharpie to every plate to change it to "Older but wiser" not
"Older butt wider!"


There was a sticker across the front so I only saw the side letters. I would not have bought them.



I decorated a little. I hung a sign across the living room that said "Happy Birthday" and right after I put it up Lia said "Mommy, I know what that says 'Daddy, Daddy, Happy Birthday" she's so smart!






No comments: