Saturday, April 18, 2009

Random stuff.

In our cabin/house we stayed in, there were two deer heads. I told Lia they ran into the wall and got stuck. She gave this one a kiss every morning on our way down the stairs. This was in the Mariposa Grove, this tree fell down 300 years ago (atleast that is what the lady with the information map told us). This was truly amazing and by far my favorite thing we did.

You can't help but hug these trees when you see them. The nice lady with the map was hugging every tree she saw and when she hugged a ponderosa she said he didn't hug as nicely.


Just being a happy girl.

Even happier!



More of the Mariposa Grove....



While I did this incredibly stupid hike by myself; Billy, Matt and Melissa went on the Mist Trail. I would have love to have seen this.... I think this is Vernal Falls.
(BTW, I hiked/walked to Mirror Lake, it was too crowded, small, it reminded me of the pond at Ford Park.... overall a waste of time. I told Billy I should have stayed at the house if it was going to be just the girls and I. We could have gone sledding or something)


Sassy Sophie on the way home... I adore her expressions.

More of that amazing tree!




This one is for my mom, she wanted to be sure I saw Half Dome.
Lia was patiently waiting for us to unload the backpacks to go hiking up to the lower falls. (A great thing to do with little kids I might add. Lia and Sophie did most of it by themselves.)

It snowed alot while we were there.



It was a great little hike.



Overall, it was a nice trip. We are glad to be home, I'm feeling the baby move, Billy is mowing the lawn with Sophie at his side with her lawn mower and Lia is digging for gophers and our flowers are ready to burst. Life is good. Now we just have to fix my car, bummer!

1 comment:

Judy said...

When did Sopie grow all that hair? She looks so cute! What a fun vacation.