Friday, June 26, 2009

Jardin-sita

We've been working hard in our yard again. And I love it when our yard "blows up"-as I like to call it. We have beautiful flowers: Pretty birds in our trees:
Grapes, even though we kind of hate them and plan on taking most of them down and building more garden boxes in its place...



And our first real garden:
We planted a couple types of tomatoes, honey dew, cantaloupes, zucchini, summer squash, pumpkins, strawberries, watermelon and I have some peppers and soon cucumbers in another location. We've got blossoms and fruit and veggies on all of our plants. It has been so much fun to watch it all grow.
We've never done anything like this and we didn't want to overwhelm ourselves and I think this was the perfect way to start. I hope we can make the best salsa, bar-b-qued squash and pickles using our garden!


This is the yellow chain tree, its is such a pain to keep up, but its flowers are beautiful:






1 comment:

The Heitritter Family said...

Do you want to be our mentors? I swear, we are absolutely retarted about gardening and flowers and plants, etc. We have the smallest patch of land in our front yard and we are clueless about what to put in it, flowers and plants-wise. We have discussed hiring a gardener for a one time job to just make the decisions for us, then we could upkeep it. I'm impressed with you guys!