courtesy of Giatta DeLorenta/ www.foodnetwork.com
Ingredients
Olive oil, for frying
1 3/4 cups freshly grated Parmesan
1 1/2 cups panko (Japanese breadcrumbs) ... we used Italian bread crumbs
3/4 teaspoon salt
2 large eggs
3 medium zucchini, cut into 3-inch long by 1/2-inch wide strips ... we cut them into medallions
Directions
Pour enough oil into a large frying pan to reach a depth of 2 inches. Heat the oil over medium heat until a deep-fry thermometer registers 350 degrees F.
... we poured about 1/2 an inch into a frying pan.
... we first dusted the medallions in flour or cornstarch, it made everything stick better.
Stir 1 1/2 cups Parmesan, the panko, and salt in a medium bowl to blend. Whisk the eggs in another medium bowl to blend. Working in batches, dip the zucchini in the eggs to coat completely and allow the excess egg to drip back into the bowl. Coat the zucchini in the panko mixture, patting to adhere and coat completely. Place the zucchini strips on a baking sheet.
When the oil is hot, working in batches, fry the zucchini sticks until they are golden brown, about 3 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the fried zucchini to paper towels and drain.
Arrange the fried zucchini on a platter. Sprinkle with the remaining Parmesan and serve.
Friday, July 10, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
I was wondering if you had fried or baked this recipe. Looks delicious! I bet your home grown veggies are so good - hard work paid off!
I usually don't like fried foods... but we've got more zuchinni than we know what to do with. So we're getting creative. This are so good!!!
Oh yum. Fried zucchini is my favorite item at Carl's Jr. By far. Yup. I may just have to make some of these critters.
I have tried this one & it's yummy! But I couldn't get the 'coating' to stick...?
Judy, the company I worked for made the zuch. for Carls, you'll love this!!!
Ginny, try dusting with cornstarch or flour before dipping in the eggs or crumb mixture. Ours were perfect.
oh baby, that sounds sooo good! My recipe goes like this...drive to redlands either go thru drive thru or eat in at nick's burgers and pay too much for them :) josh is going to LOVE this recipe, thanks for sharing!
Post a Comment