Thursday, September 24, 2009

I feel great!

Since I was told I'm complaining too much, I'm not going to complain at all today!
Yesterday at 9:30 Lia told me "MOM! REMEMBER, YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO BE NICE!!!!"
Instantly heartbroken I decided to pack us up and take off to Oak Glen and check out the petting zoo's, go through some shops and maybe share a caramel apple. So we got up there, and it was really crowded so we did lunch first at Apple Dumplin's (which a family friend took over a year ago, it was really good!!!) and tried to go through the zoo across the parking lot.
The only animal we got to see was the ostrich. Sophie grabbed its beak!!!! The little nut! But we got swarmed by TONS of creepy bugs so I decided to pack up again and go somewhere else. I surprised the girls at the Pumpkin Patch! Lia was screaming as we pulled up. I can't believe how much she remembers. We had a great time. Lia petted the lama and Sophie was the Goat Whisperer. Then they spent a long time climbing the hay castle and ended by picking out a pumpkin for each girl. I told them they could get which ever one they wanted as long as they could carry it. (smart move mom!)
All in all I have to say it was a great day with wonderful memories. I really need to focus more on them and less on how "awesome" I feel. I get caught up in my own feelings I forget that there is still 3 1/2 other people I have to take care of and when I'm miserable so are they.
And to add to my good day, at 8:30 there was a knock from the UPS man and our most favorite friends had sent Tommy a present, there were tons of goodies, but how great are these?!!!!
I LOVE MAURI AND LEIGHTON!!!!
Lia's perfect pumpkin!
My favorite of the day.
















Lia is wearing the "I Am A Child of God" necklace my Grandma Hazel gave me when I turned 12... she refuses to take it off.



She's thinking "Come to me little goat and lamb!"


Lia's first encounter with a lama.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are amazing, I love the pictures, and I'm glad things are better. Once again - can't wait for this little guy to arrive.
How cute are those onesies (SP?)
Keep having good days! Love you all.
Gma. Sanborn

Anonymous said...

OMG - I was just looking through these again trying to decide if I could use one for a screen saver. All of a sudden, out of the middle of the pumpkin shot, I notice that the back of Lia's head is in the middle of them! Is that correct?
I might have to put that on my screen at work and see how many of my kids can pick that out. I wish you had a shot of the two girls together so I ccould have them both on my computer . . . .

Anonymous said...

Gma. Sanborn back again! The pumpkin shot with Lia's head is now my screen saver and it's TO DIE FOR cute! Can't wait for my class to see it when they come in from lunch!

Aub said...

I feel like all I do is complain these days too! Good for you to make the best of your day! Only a little bit longer!!!