Monday, January 04, 2010

Christmas!

So the story continues, I always post pictures backwards....


Here's the greatest gift~ This was after opening presents with just the 5 of us! The girls opened gifts for over an hour! (and that was just from us!)
I'm kind of embarrassed, I was telling EVERYONE that we were having a small Christmas this year, meaning that we weren't spending much money. I really don't need a present to have a wonderful Christmas, and I really do mean that. But holy crap~ I was so spoiled. I'm embarrassed to say everything I got... but really, it was alot! Billy is in trouble!!! I only went a few dollars over budget, like 15.00 or 20.00- (and that's including everyone we bought for) Billy on the other hand, went a LOT over that and he only bought for me.


This is my cute PJ top, we're lovers of anything Disney, Billy and I had his and hers Jack jammies... they rock!



The girls got Tinkerbell jammies.


One new tradition I added this year was when people came over to open presents. There was a big group of us, so made a bunch of dixie cups filled with pudding, and one of them had a hershey kiss in it. The person who got the kiss opened the first gift and then the plan was to go to the person on the right from there. BUT we have Lia who was a little excited, so it went from Grandma to her, it was fun. And I think Lia was in a little bit of shock too. She was so excited to be opening tons of presents and I think she thought if she let go of anything she'd never got it back. I know it made some people mad, I laughed though. Her face looked terrified if you asked her to hand over what was in her hands, even just to open it or turn it on for her.





Mrs. Claus built these bikes~ yes she's proud of that!






(I just want to put this out there, I do the best stockings... really, I should win awards!)
We had a wonderful Christmas day. My mom, sister, Bill (ferris), Adam,GG, Bill and Cheryl eventually joined us for a delicious brunch at our house then everyone was gone by 1:30. We played with all the new stuff we got (and are EXTREMELY grateful for), we ate a take and bake pizza for dinner, the girls went to bed at 6:30 and I went to Urgent Care. Good times.




Christmas Eve was spent at my mom's house. This year we had a few new additions, Missy's mom and dad came and Bill brought his brother too. We had gourmet kabobs, bacon wrapped asparagus, baked potatoes and other bbq stuff... I think we'll do this every year! It was fun to do and then we roasted marshmallows over the firepit. The girls didn't make it outside though.








Here is a little bit of a conversation between Lia and my brother Geoff, who is paralyzed:
Lia: "Uncle Geoff, why do you sit on wheels?"
Geoff: "Because I'm a little broken"
Lia: "If you go to the Dr's they fix that!"
Geoff: (laughing) "Awe honey, believe me I'm tryin'!"
(mom's lyin on the floor having a heart attack!)










And it wouldn't be Christmas in this McIntosh house if we didn't make spritz cookies. I don't know what I did, but they were actually good! Billy said they were the best ones he'd ever had. (I think it's because they were blue!)



We really had a great time this season. Glad it's over too though. I need another year to prepare!!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

looks like a great celebration!