Thursday, April 29, 2010

How do I say "THANK YOU"?!!!

My good health and the health of my husband and children is something I never take for granted. I thank Heavenly Father every day for this blessing.

Two days ago I was reading my friends blog www.lafujimama.com and she had posted a story about her friends little boy. Daylon is 9 months old and suffering from a lethal disease. He has been selected and approved to be the first person ever to receive treatment for his disease. Part of which is a bone marrow transplant and chemo. (a dose two times the normal dose) Daylon's 3 year old brother is a match for the transplant and is happy to be his brothers hero. But their family cannot afford his medical care.

Reading this story has affected me so much, I think about it and start to cry. I wish I could pay for it.

So I decided to hop on Rachaels team and to do a little bit to help. I spent the afternoon making 75 hair clips. I normally sell them for $1.00 but for now I'm asking for $2.00~ I'd love to send this family $150.00. If you go to his website and make a donation and let me know, I will give you a clip. (If you buy them straight from me, I promise every penny will go to this family)

















5 comments:

Judy said...

Katie, these are beautiful! I can't wait to see them! I love your tender heart. You are something else.

Rachael Hutchings said...

I've been a blubbering mess for several weeks now, and here I go again! You are such a sweetheart--thank you so much. These clips are absolutely gorgeous--you should absolutely be asking $2.00, if not more!

Patrick & Jenn said...

Patrick was actually this family's home teacher when we lived in Corona. Daylon was born just after we moved out of the ward. I keep thinking, "what if this way my baby?" It breaks my heart. I am planning to go down there tomorrow... are you going?

Patrick & Jenn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

I'm so proud of you my dear daughter.