Lia gave the opening prayer on Primary today. They let us know few weeks ago that she'd be giving the closing prayer, but it was ward conference so the Stake was there running the show. I went up front to tell the leaders that Lia had been planning on it and was so excited so they let her do the opening prayer. Billy and I stood in the back while they started. Our sweet girl sat in her chair so reverently, sang every word of the first 3 verses of "I Am a Child of God" (loud enough we could hear in the back, hee hee) and when it was her turn she marched right up to the podium and let me help her. She spoke loud and clear, was not nervous or intimidated. Then after she waved goodbye to me and sat back down ready to learn.
And when Billy went back later to pick her up they were gushing about what an amazing example Lia was and that she was so good! Yay!!!!!
Billy and I were so proud, we still are. I love that our kids will always amaze us!
Sunday, April 25, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
That's my girl!
One Proud Grandma with Yellow Hair.
She did an awesome job! Really, Lia is so good every Sunday. There are some rowdy boys in her class but she is a little angel that I'm sure her teachers really appreciate. And I'm not pointing fingers about the rowdy boys - my very rowdy boy will be there before I know it!
Sooo cute!!!! I just love your kids. They are so much fun and wonderful to be around.
Post a Comment