Sunday, October 04, 2009

My funny kid.

I love conference, really really really love conference. I am trying to become better at involving my girls in the tradition also, this time I didn't succeed too well, but I have a good excuse I'll tell later. BUT I did work with Lia on one thing. I have a picture of the First Presidency and I was teaching her their names. She knows them all, but has a hard time saying Uchtdorf. I was showing Billy how stinkin' cute she is and pointing to each man and she said "President Monson... President Eyrrrrrrrrrrrring and mom, his name is hard to say"
me "Uchtdorf"
Lia "Right, Uchtdorf, that's how you say 'Ouch!' in Spanish" OMG, KILL ME NOW! I laughed so hard.

And today is October 4, which means the 14th is only 10 days away, which means I really am close. I have my last official dr's appt this Thursday. The end is near.

We had a LOOOOOOOONG week in this house. I started having contractions on Sunday night and by Tuesday morning they were 3-4 minutes apart so I was getting a little anxious. They were not horrible, not by a long shot, but they would not stop so I thought I should maybe go in. I also noticed that my wrists and elbows were stiffening up, but thought it had to do with tension when I slept. Well, I was monitored for a few hours, they were real contractions but not strong enough to keep me there and I was only a 1. Wednesday morning I woke up and could not move at all! My body was completely locked up! It was scary!!! I called my sis in law at 7am (sorry M) to watch the girls and I sat in one place trying not to move.
I got a call from my VT and she set up for my awesome friend Kristy to come check in on me, right after she got here I got a call from my dr and he wanted me to be seen right away, so Kristy's timing could not have been more perfect. And for the first time ever I went out in public looking like the worst piece of white trash ever to roam Beaumont! A night gown over pj pants, no bra, hair in pigtails, glasses, no mascara.... bad bad bad, BUT I DIDN'T CARE! The dr checked me, I made it to a 2 1/2 (wahooooooo) and ordered blood work and sent me home on strict bedrest.
For some reason I thought maybe my water broke that night. So at 4:00 we called M&M (again, sorry to wake you up again, but thank you!!!) and they came and stayed with the girls so we could go back to the hospital.
The truth is we knew in about 10 minutes that it had not broken, but they kept me for 5 1/2 hours. I think it's because Heavenly Father wanted me to have a certain nurse. She spent so much time with us, ran a bunch of tests... they were UGLY! I won't go into detail, but I told Billy he owes me a cruise!!! and in the end found out I had an "Incredible amount of bacteria in my system" Isn't that special?!!! So they've put me on antibiotics that have worked wonders!
It was really hard to think of anything positive during those days. I bawled my eyes out to the doc and told him that I could not live like this for 2 more weeks, I've got a family that consists of two baby girls and a husband who works an hour a way. And I was scared I wouldn't get better.
Thank goodness He sends Angels! My family and friends, too may to name have come out like crazy to help, to the point where it's overwhelming! I want to tell them "Really, there are may others who need this more than I do" but it has warmed my heart to have so much love around. I am truly blessed and lucky!!!
I am able to walk, my elbows and hands are better and I'm back to happy Katie again... just a tired happy Katie. I'm still not supposed to drive, darn, it's been nice staying home. And best of all, nothing that is affecting me has touched the baby, so he's golden!

10 more days! Unless my body surprises the heck out of me and decides to go into labor on it's own!

8 comments:

Judy said...

WOW, what a story! You are amazing, amazing. You know that phrase "I never said it would be easy, I only said it would be worth it"? That's really all about the last month of pregnancy. Hang in there!

Jessica said...

your lia is adorable...i love all the things she says! ANd about your pregnancy story. I'm soooo sorry, that sounds like it was scary and NOT fun, i am so glad they got things figured out and that your baby is still healthy. you are in my thoughs constantly. I'm trying to send you telepathic contraction messages as well :) and strong contractions at that...i hope these last 10 days fly by. It sounds like you have tons of help, but please dont hesitate to call and ask for ANYTHING food, if you want to borrow movies, if your girls need to get out etc. love you :)

The Heitritter Family said...

I've been thinking about you. You poor thing, that must have been so scary. By the way, you could always call me in the middle of the night too (I am sure to be awake these days in the middle of the night). I am glad that the medicine has worked and hopefully these next few days will fly by. Can't wait to meet this little guy. I forgot how nice it is to not be pregnant anymore - no more sickness, more energy and a little guy to love. Even sleepless nights are worth it. You're almost there!!

Anonymous said...

oh man!! I'd be thinking "what else can go wrong!?!" I can't wait for these next few days to FLYYYY by for you!

On a nicer note, Lia is SO FUNNY!! At least you have some comic relief at the house!

Leighton & Mauri said...

Katie....I really think Lia gets her sense of humor from her dad. Both make such random comments and make me laugh so very hard. ;) They make it that much more fun to be around. I love you guys! Soon enough it will be all over.

Virginia said...

Katie, I'm so sorry that you've had so many problems. You are blessed with wonderful family and friends though! The next 10 days will go by before you know it. You and Tommy are in our prayers!

alyson said...

Hang in there! If you need anything let me know!

Angie Peterson said...

So sorry, Katie. I know how miserable it can all be and I hope that you make it through this last phase. At least you get a beautiful baby boy out of the agony! We'll keep you in our prayers. Hang in there!