Wednesday, December 09, 2009

It's begining to look alot like Christmas!

For FHE we made peppermint hot chocolate. Sophie hated it, Lia wasn't sure at first, but eventually loved it! Oh yeah, she kind of had the flu.
My happy girl.

Billy thinks I'm the decoration Nazi... and I am. We have so many beautiful things and I want them all to be shown. And I have to make sure little girls can't get to certain things, like this:

Lia helped me put the snowflakes in the garland.
(Funny story, I hate most garland. It has to be full and lit a certain way, so I make my own. I wind 3 strands of garland together the wrap 100 lights around it. It's beautiful!)


My very talented friend made this ornament for me, it's a domino and pictures could never do it justice.





I finally have a big enough tree to hang my (large) collection of Mark Roberts fairies on.





And our newest tradition, the family tree! Here is the tree everyone can decorate and have mis matched/ hodge podge ornaments, colored lights, whatever they want... heck we can even get those ugly icicle things, I don't care. The girls love it and it is nice having the smell of a real tree in our home.







The girls made these ornaments with their grandma's on Thanksgiving. They had so much fun doing it. And Matt and Melissa came over for a second family night and we made popcorn and cranberry chains to hang. Although Dewey and Sapphire thought it was a late night snack... dumb dogs.




Lia, Melissa and Judelliott made "real" popcorn, on the stove, in a whirly pop... the girls had no idea that you could do it that way. When we told them it was ready they both went running to the microwave.
BTW- popcorn tastes MUCH better when you don't microwave it.

We are taking the time to enjoy everything this season has to offer. Like 3 years olds who love to decorate!



Sophie joined us for a little while. Poor girl, has not felt good all week.


I was so bummed to miss the First Presidencies Christmas Devotional, it's usually when I think the Christmas Season
becomes official. So I have an idea, my family is going to LOOOOOVE me for it, but it's a surprise.
I hope everyone has a wonderful, fun and spirit filled holiday season!

3 comments:

Jessica said...

i love christmas decorations too. they usually seem way more meaningful than other holidays, for a good reason. was that santa on the domino ornamnet or am i seeing things?!

Sarah Rock said...

You are amazing. I love Christmas!!

Ginny said...

Love the two tree idea! And those ornaments are beautiful. Sarina got very confused when I told her we were getting daddy a popcorn maker for Christmas. "But the microwave makes popcorn?" was her response. Little minds think alike!