Sunday, December 06, 2009

The Season to Celebrate!

I'm not sure how to even begin to put into words how I feel right now. I keep telling people "My cup runneth over!" I am overcome with gratitude. Gratitude, for my Savior, my husband, my sweet girls, my wonderful son, our extended families, our home, our lot in life and the Gospel.
Today Billy blessed Tommy, and it was amazing. I'm so grateful for the preparation he puts into this. He always gives the sweetest blessings and I am grateful to have the Priesthood in our home.
I'm grateful for this wonderful CHRISTmas season. I was telling Billy that it is so nice to be celebrating the birth of a baby boy during Christmas. During my late nights with Tommy I think about Mary, and what must have been going through her mind. I'm so fortunate to experience being a mother. To hold these beautiful babies, to love and to teach them. It's truly an amazing thing.
In our ward we've had a total baby frenzy over the last few months, I'm not sure what the count is, but it's alot. So there have been many blessings, and sometimes there are quite a few that go on in one day. When we told the Bishop when we wanted to bless Tommy, he told us that there would probably be 5 babies blessed that day. But when we got to church today, it was only one other baby. It was our good friends. And I was so happy we could share this day together. The dad and I grew up together, in fact he's the person in the ward I've known the longest. We met during Middle School, then to High School, hung out for a few years, lived in the same apartment complex, got married about a year apart then ended up here. And it warmed my heart to think about how far we'd come and now our boys could experience the same thing.
It's just been a wonderful day. It was a great way to start this special time of year. And a special thanks to all of those who came, it was perfect!

Here is his cute little outfit.

Tommy and Julie.

Baby J and Jenn.

All of the excitement wore my girls out!!!






How cute is this?!!!



My beautiful sisters. I wish I could tell you how special our bond is, but there are no words... we're just sisters!





She came all the way from Utah, thanks Tam!!








And she brought my Aunt from Utah also. What a great day!!!













4 comments:

The Heitritter Family said...

The blessing was beautiful, for your little guy and Josh's too. I knew your heart must be full when Billy talked about the importance of Tommy's name and the great men who came before. What a great husband and beautiful family you have. The picture of your girls passed out on the couch is adorable! Is it just me, or is this little baby stage going by way too fast?!

Sarah Rock said...

What a beautiful day. I just found out I'm having a boy and It's great to hear your new experience. One day you will have another priesthood holder in the house. That is one crazy responsibility to think about.

Katie said...

Just wanted to blog-stalk you today and tell you how beautiful your baby is (yesterday was the first time I got to see him and he is seriously gorgeous) and also what a beautiful blessing I thought your husband gave him yesterday. When I was in the 4th ward in Redlands I heard a lot about what a great man your dad was and I thought it was so special that Billy talked about the importance of Tommy's names and the men he was named after. Congratulations on your beautiful family!

Jessica said...

Billy really did do a wonderful job, the spirit was really strong that meeting-i actually got the chills when billy blessed tommy for some reason...i love tommy's 100 names, and how special they are, that's going to be really neat for him growing up hearing what his name really means and the kind of man he will strive to be because of them. Glad we could share that day together too :)