Tuesday, April 29, 2008

A.I.

Yes dear friends, I am indeed addicted to American Idol. I think the best, most talented, super star is David Cook. BUT I don't want him to win. I think the stigma that comes with winning can damage your career. I think he could be the next Daughtry.
I screamed last week when they said this weeks mentor would be Neil Diamond. I watched the Jazz Singer a couple of weeks ago and have been on a Neil Diamond kick ever since. As soon as Jason Castro sang the first song I got scared. Then Brooke butchered "Now I'm a Believer" I was having flashbacks to the night they had Queen. Luckily it got a little better. I LOVED David Cook for sure, I loved how Brooke sang "I am I said." Its just hard to hear people turn classic songs into crappy pop songs. Case and point David Archuletta, sorry Valerie. He does have a good voice.... I'm just not down with "Sweet Caroline" all poppy.

3 comments:

Goldie said...

I couldn't agree with you more about Archuleta turning "Sweet Caroline" into a pop song. I hated it, b/c I love the song so much! I am an addict too.

The Heitritter Family said...

I watch American Idol too, but I fast forward through a lot of the songs. And I love myself some Neil Diamond! He was the best part of the show for me! Hello Again by Syesha - no way! I love love love that song and was so disappointed!

Palazuelos Family said...

Sorry Im not a watcher of the show at ALL...but I just wanted to say that its crazy we were both at Disneyland at the same time!!! After we left we went to Jen's for dinner...next time we should all go and get Jen and Patrick to meet us there also! By the way your girls are SOO cute!!! can't wait for our second one to get here:)