Sunday, April 27, 2008

It can always be worse.

So in talking to some friends today at church, they were at CA Adventure the same day and time we were, and they lost one of their daughters. I'll take a broken stroller and camera anyday over that.
We had another productive weekend here at the McIntosh casita. Billy's parents gave him/us an awesome b-day present last weekend. They got us new closet doors and custom shelving.... its so nice. Our teeny weeny little house has to have some serious changes to make room for all of us. Billy was sharing the closet with Lia in the nursery and I was sharing with Sophie in my room. Now its as it should be. Billy and I had to get rid of two trunk loads full of clothes... and we still have a ton of stuff!
So this weekend we took apart the closet in the nursery. We removed the 500 lb doors, painted the walls lavender and re-did the trim white. We also moved the dresser into the closet and it opened up the room. I'm THRILLED with the results, it looks so sweet!
Here are some very cute things that Lia did this weekend:
When I was doing a color test in her room, she looked and said "oh mommy, its beautiful!" then this morning after I had finished putting her new dress on, she stood up and grabbed the sides of the dress and did a little twirl and said "pope-a-dots mom, beautiful" you could tell she felt so pretty in the dress. (And if could couldn't translate pope-a-dots.... she was saying polka-dots.
Oh yeah, and then tonight just after I had finished working in her room putting EVERYTHING away she went in there to play. Seriously not even 5 minutes after I was done I went back in there to check on her, she had found a bottle of baby powder, still don't know where it came from, but it was EVERYWHERE! It covered everything.
She also fed Sophie dog food.
Thank heaven Sophie is the sweetest baby, she has to put up with a crazy fun sister.

No comments: