In an attempt to get rid of a bunch of stuff... only to replace it one day with more stuff I've been gathering tons of stuff to put on Craigslist. Has anyone ever done this? I'm hoping it will bring in enough money to buy the girls new beds. I already have them picked out at Ikea... now the selling part.
The funny thing is alot of the stuff has never even been opened and none of it is leftover wedding presents. I donated those years ago to a YW camp fundraiser. I'm selling:
a digital frame (brand new in box) .... gone
photo printer (used once) ... gone
weed wacker
outdoor lights (brand new in box) ... gone
garbage dispsal (brand new in box) ... gone
stroller and car seat combo (hardly used, Lia grew too fast and I got a jogger)
dvd racks
a desk
and soon..... our car :o( had a possible offer!!!
.... wish me luck. I'm only posting this to inspire myself to get rid of it all!
Wednesday, February 25, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
We've bought stuff off of Craig's list. We always get a great deal. But, We've never actually sold anything.
When we moved we sold a bunch of stuff of craigslist. Here are my tips: Always post a picture, people want to know they are not getting junk. Set limits on pick up time. If you wait around for someone who swears they want some item but fails to show to pick it up (the can i come by tomorrow instead person), move on to the next person asap or you will end up stuck with it. search similar items for pricing, no matter how great the condition is, no one will want your item if the same item is available for significantly less. If you are willing to haggle over price say so, if not be prepared for some haggling at the time of pick up anyway. Write down the price you listed things for, I know that sounds silly but if there was any debate its easy to forget what you decided on. Also, move fast. If you wait to contact people, sometimes even a few hours, they may have found what they wanted elsewhere. Hope that helps. Happy selling!
yes craig's list is amazing...or so i hear. I tried to sell some stuff but our internet was acting up and wouldn't let me load pictures and i've been to lazy to try since. umm my stepdad has been using a TON since i told him about it and has made a LOT Of money. its so great! good luck!
oh that comment from "andrew and crystina fisher" was really from me, i was signed in under their name and didn't know it. i'm a dork, i know
What's the weed wacker all about? We had one, but it went berserk. We need to buy a new one. How can I get more info about it?
Post a Comment