Tuesday, February 10, 2009

In an instant...

So I have been feeling REALLY REALLY REALLY sorry for myself the last few days... in an instant that changed. Here is an email I got from my Aunt about one of my (many many many) cousins' little boy:

Payton had an MRI on Friday that showed a tumor around the optical nerve. The Dr. went in today to examine it closer. They took samples to test and assuming they come back OK, the Dr. said it is containable but not curable. It is a slow growing tumor and has maybe been there since birth. It can not be removed but will be treated with radiation for the rest of his life or until a new cure is found. Payton has about a 2" plate in his head and will not regain the sight in his one eye. In light of what could have been found, I think all are grateful. Payton is a happy and otherwise a healthy little 5 year old boy who will still be able to play baseball.

Marty is with Chelsea and will be for the coming week to help with kids. Chelsea and Jared are troopers but have a lot in front of them. Thank-you for your thoughts and prayers.


Ok, I suck.

No comments: