Monday, August 24, 2009

No pictures!

Since the last of my brain cells have been sucked away and I'm a little dingy when tired I really shouldn't be allowed to do some things.
Prime example:
We went to the San Diego Zoo yesterday. We spent the first little bit at the Balboa Park, which has to be one of the best places in So Cal., then headed over to the zoo. It was Billy's last day of vacation and I know he wanted to have a good time. So I did my best to keep up, keep a smile on my face and go everywhere. It was a beautiful day, the weather was nice, but hot and it's a lot of walking so I was WORN OUT around 5 and we sat down to have ice cream (well everyone else ate ice cream, I had water and carrot sticks )o: ) and I was taking pictures of the pretty flower Cheryl had put behind Lia's ear.
When everyone was done we cleaned up the girls then headed over to the kids zoo. Talk about cute, the girls were loving it and we found a cute place to take their picture. So I start looking for my camera.... it's not there! I was crushed/devastated/heartbroken! Seriously, who would turn in a camera like that? So I jam back over to where we were sitting (I did go fast, you can ask Bill) it's not there. I asked the vendors nearby if anyone had asked them where the lost and found was or turned in a camera to them. They all said no. So I'm still fighting back tears and nerves and head back over to Billy and the girls to search the stroller, still no luck. And the look on Billy's face is exactly how I felt "That was our one chance to have a nice camera, I hope you like disposables!" So I told him I was going to head back over to the entrance where the lost and found was, and they all followed. I must have looked terrible because the guy running the kid activity stopped what he was doing and came over to ask me if I needed help and he escorted me to where I needed to go. By the time I got to the window, the nice man in guest services came right over "Honey, are you ok? What can I do for you?" "I...... I ....... IIII loooooooooost my my my cam...... camera" he asked me to tell him what it looked like. "IIIIIIIIT's a Can... Caaaaannon, it's a powershot, but doesn't really look like one, it says it on the strap (my nerves were coming back to me) it's big, it's black......." AND HE PULLS IT OUT OF THE LOCKER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Some sweet employee had picked it up and turned it in. Seriously my knees buckled. And when I had to fill out the paper to claim it, which all I had to do was fill out my name, sign and date it. I forgot my last name was McIntosh, I had no idea what the date INCLUDING the year was.
Thank you Lauren Diaz from Building and Grounds, you will be getting a letter from me. Not only for turning in my camera, but reminding me that there are still good and honest people out there!!!!

No comments: