Sunday, March 14, 2010

House stuff.

WE HAVE A NEW FRONT DOOR!!!It's so incredibly wonderful! I know I shouldn't be so excited about a door... but I am! We had the most awful one before, really it was. It was cheap, flimsy, no weather seal... just awful. We had been eying one at Home Depot for a long time. Well, we finally decided to bite the bullet this year and spend some of our tax money sprucing up the casita.
So a week ago, we packed the family up and met Billy's parents (because they have a truck) and went to go pick it up. OUR DOOR WAS NOT THERE! So then we eyed this beauty, and we LOVED it, and we decided we would get what we loved. So we load it up and start heading over to buy more molding and the hardware and on our way over his parents tell us "Happy Birthday you two" and they surprised us with the door. And I was floored, they know that because I couldn't talk for a while.
I love it for so many reasons, but my newest reason is that it makes the most beautiful rainbows in our house during the day. I feel like Pollyanna, you know when she cheers up her grumpy neighbor by hanging all of his prisms in the window. How can you not be happy looking at a rainbow?!!


We also finished the wood flooring, it's so amazing! We created an entry way, so you don't walk in on UGLY linoleum. The molding isn't finished in this picture, but it is now. It was an INSANE team effort, but we will forever be grateful for everyone and all they did.

3 comments:

Jessica said...

oh my gosh, the floor is BEAUTIFUL! the door too, but i LOVVVVVVVVVEEEEEEEEEE the floor, i'm hoping for us to do that one day wayyyyyyyyyyyyy down the road i'm sure :)

Unknown said...

looks great!

Stjerne said...

I love it, Katie.
I LOVE the door and the floor. What is the color of your walls. I love that too. :)
If we get the house we want, I want that front door. It gorgeous. Can I copy you? Its awesome.