That being said, I couldn't find a babysitter this afternoon so I had to take both girls with me to a hair appointment. I knew Sophie would be no trouble at all, I just had to make sure her little tummy was full and she'd fall asleep in the car on the way there. I was really freakin' out about Lia though. I knew it would be an exciting place with lots of people and fun stuff to get into. Anyway, I walk into the salon, set her up on the bench behind Carrie's station with crayons, coloring books, her favorite sea life book, goldfish and a sippy cup. I then said a little prayer and crossed my fingers that she would be ok.
SHE WAS AN ANGEL!!! She sat there the whole time, she would talk to people about the fishies and turtles in her book, she colored pictures for everyone, she made people laugh but never once did she get off that bench and go crazy. When Carrie was finishing up I checked on Lia for the last time and saw her sweet little face carefully studying her book and I teared up. I felt kind of guilty for not having enough faith in her, then it turned into pride. She is an amazing little girl and I just adore her. Carrie told me to not be so surprised... and that I was doing a good job. I could not stop hugging and kissing her when I was done, and Carrie rewarded her with licorice! It was a great day!


4 comments:
We heard about the parade...that's funny. Someday we might have Christmas decorations, but we have to have a place big enough to put them in first! But of course you are a great mother, and Lia is a great daughter. We love you guys!
that is awesome Katie! And I think you are a great mom :)
Thanks you guys!!!
That is the most beautiful picture of Lia...EVER!!!! She is so precious! And you are a great Mom...you don't give yourself enough credit.
Post a Comment