These pictures were taken in Fruita, Mormon pioneers settled here (for a bit) and grew fruit. Clever name.
It was also home to the Fremont People. At first they thought the Anasazi Indians but over time have concluded it was the Fremont People.
Here are some of the petroglyph's we saw. This was reminded me of a hunting scene. Go see it in person, you'll love it!
Hiking down to the waterfall.
More of Fruita. It was amazing! Right smack in the middle of this canyon are fruit trees!
I even sat through a boring presentation by Molly the Ranger! She had tons of cool stuff to look at.
Here is a deer and a person. (I think)
Capitol Reef has to be the best kept secret out there! I think I have about 5 readers so I'm not too worried about letting any secret out.
The one part I wanted to see the most and couldn't is the gorge. Mormon pioneers carved into the walls and told their stories of what was going on. I think that would be absolutely amazing to see! What a journal that would be! Oh well, next time.

1 comment:
The petroglyphs are really cool! That looks like a super cool place to go. Was it in Utah or California? It looks like the weather was pretty nice, too.
Post a Comment